Steps to Becoming a Resident
Apply to Become a Resident
Come for an Observation Stay
Enroll in a 90-day evaluation
Flourish as a Resident!
The majority of our residents and their families lack the financial resources for most private housing facilities. At a rate of less than $1600/month for rent, Noah’s House is truly affordable – one of the lowest cost communities in Texas for I/DD adults seeking independence and work. The generosity of donations from the community allows us to keep our costs affordable for our residents. The rent covers:
- A private room with a shared bathroom
- Fresh daily home cooked meals at Noah’s House and prepackaged meals to take to work
- Utilities and television
- Laundry services
- Transportation related to work and organized group activities for special events arranged by Noah’s House. Doctor’s visits covered as transportation schedule permits.
We do ask that residents be able to budget an additional $450/month to cover their own prescriptions, doctor’s visits, housekeeping, entertainment and hobbies.
Who do We Serve?
We welcome single candidates to apply who meet the following criteria:
- Mild to moderate intellectual disability (65-70) IQ
- Ability to Complete basic tasks of personal care/hygiene-Are employed or employable
- Emotionally stable
- Ability to Maintain their personal living space
- Ability to self-administer their own medication in pre-separated doses (medications stored in our administrative offices for safekeeping)
- Willing to associate positively with other residents and staff
- Willing to participate and attempt to learn simple budgeting
Challenges that we are not set up to support:
- Schizophrenia-Schizoaffective disorder
- Unmedicated major mental health issues
- Severe behavior challenges
- Criminal background
- Active substance/alcohol abuse
- Those who are not able to perform the following activities of daily living:
- Bathing or showering