At Noah’s House, our relationship with the residents is a collaborative one, with both parties learning and growing with each other. We have a thorough admissions process to ensure that we are a good fit for each other and that our facilities and services can accommodate the needs of each resident. Learn more below about who we serve at Noah’s House, and how potential residents can apply.
Steps to Becoming a Resident
The procedures we have in place are for the benefit of the candidate, their family, the existing residents and staff, so that everyone has a clear understanding of our expectations. This ensures that each resident has the smoothest transition possible. In turn, we want to meet our residents and families’ expectations so that they have a fruitful partnership with Noah’s House.
Apply to Become a Resident
Fill out our pre-admission form. If your loved one is a good fit for our community, we will invite them for an observation stay. You are welcome to schedule an optional tour before or after filling out the pre-admission form.
Come for an Observation Stay
During this 3-day period, your loved one will stay at Noah’s House. Our team, including a psychologist and registered nurse, interviews candidates - at no expense to the applicant.
Enroll in a 90-day evaluation
The candidate is enrolled in a 90-day evaluation, where the candidate lives at Noah’s House, giving them a chance to see how they like our community.
Flourish as a Resident!
If the resident, family members, and staff are in agreement, the candidate becomes an official resident, ready to grow in their independence!
The majority of our residents and their families lack the financial resources for most private housing facilities. At a rate of less than $1600/month for rent, Noah’s House is truly affordable – one of the lowest cost communities in Texas for I/DD adults seeking independence and work. The generosity of donations from the community allows us to keep our costs affordable for our residents. The rent covers:
- A private room with a shared bathroom
- Fresh daily home cooked meals at Noah’s House and prepackaged meals to take to work
- Utilities and television
- Laundry services
- Transportation related to work and organized group activities for special events arranged by Noah’s House. Doctor’s visits covered as transportation schedule permits.
We do ask that residents be able to budget an additional $450/month to cover their own prescriptions, doctor’s visits, housekeeping, entertainment and hobbies.
Who do We Serve?
We welcome single candidates to apply who meet the following criteria:
- Mild to moderate intellectual disability (65-70) IQ
- Ability to Complete basic tasks of personal care/hygiene-Are employed or employable
- Emotionally stable
- Ability to Maintain their personal living space
- Ability to self-administer their own medication in pre-separated doses (medications stored in our administrative offices for safekeeping)
- Willing to associate positively with other residents and staff
- Willing to participate and attempt to learn simple budgeting
Challenges that we are not set up to support:
- Schizophrenia-Schizoaffective disorder
- Unmedicated major mental health issues
- Severe behavior challenges
- Criminal background
- Active substance/alcohol abuse
- Those who are not able to perform the following activities of daily living:
- Bathing or showering
Noah's House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, familial status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation. We welcome those who are seeking a drug and alcohol free environment.