The families that we work with face many challenges as their adult children age chronologically but are developmentally delayed. They want their adult children to lead fulfilling lives but the parents themselves are aging and want to provide for their children after they’re gone. State institutions are overburdened, funding is limited and most private homes are very costly.
Noah’s House is designed to address this underserved segment of adults and provide a safe and loving home.
We welcome single candidates to apply who meet the following criteria:
- Mild to moderate intellectual disability (65-70) IQ
- Complete basic tasks of personal care/hygiene
- Are employed or employable
- Emotionally stable
- Maintain their personal living space
- Self-administer their own medication (our staff will keep their medication for safekeeping)
- Associate positively with other residents and staff
- Participate and attempt to learn simple budgeting
To ensure that Noah’s House is best possible fit for the candidate and for our community, all admissions are evaluated for a 90-day period. After this period, we meet with candidates and their families interested in a lifelong commitment to our mission and philosophies. Almost 70% of our residents have been at Noah’s House since our founding over 15 years ago.
Noah’s House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, familial status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation. We welcome those who are seeking a drug and alcohol free environment.